Marathon Training: Week 14

Photo by Troy Squillaci on

Aloha! This is a bit late for my week 14 post but it has been a busy week with it being the last week for summer sessions for me. So here we are! Last week which was actually week 14 was pretty interesting. First off, as you may or may not be able to tell from the photo I went to Hawaii for five days. It was a great time to get away and relax and soak up the sun. I still had to run but fortunate enough for me all my runs were easy runs.

The first workout of the week was a 1 mile warm-up, followed by 4×1 mile interval at a 7:30-45 mile pace, finished off by a mile cool down. It went pretty well up until the last mile where I had to stop. Running with a mask on at the gym is hard work. It can get pretty annoying. Anyways, that was on Tuesday and then on Wednesday we left for Hawaii in the morning. Barely got any sleep, and got to Hawaii around 10-11 o’clock in the morning. I will probably post about it later on for those interested in the trip.

So the coolest thing about running in Hawaii was the beach and views. Since Hawaii is about three hours behind from where I live, it was pretty easy to get up in the morning and go for a run. So running at 7 felt really good. There were sooo many people out and about at the time trying to make the most out of their day. it was really interesting to see. I wonder if it’s like that near most beaches.

The downside was the humidity! I’ve never sweat so much in my life even though I sweat pretty profusely anyway. It was also in the lower 70 degrees at the time to so it wasn’t necessarily the best running conditions. What helped out the most was running with my brother-in-law, who is a avid runner. He’s probably the fastest guy I know. Back in high school he held the record for the fastest mile and won his Cross Country championships.

The first six mile run went pretty smoothly. the only thing was that I didn’t bring any water with me and by the end I was dying of thirst. I didn’t realize how much the humidity was going to affect me. I had to make sure to hydrate as much as possible after that.

The second 6 miler, turned into an 8 miler which was pretty cool because we ran to a beach we had gone to earlier in the week and I was able to catch a glimpse of an older couple getting married! it was really sweet. Unfortunately the weather dealt its hand and beat us up on the last run. I was glad I brought water that time.

I was suppose to run a 20 miler but unfortunately, after much thought, it was probably going to be too much to run in the conditions and the fact that we were leaving that day didn’t help. So I chose to hold and push off the 20 mile run to this week. So I will be doing that this week instead. Anyways it’s been a busy week, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! Take care, keep working hard and God bless!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: